Arlon Silicone, Self-Fusing Electrical Tape® Tape
When looking for a silicone, self fusing tape, Arlon SFT is an affordable, easy to order, and highly functional, silicone, self-fusing tape.
With over 30 years of in-service use in numerous highly demanding applications (such as aerospace and military) you can rely on Arlon SFT.
The Arlon SFT product is gray in color and 0.012″ thick x 1.0″ wide x 10 yards long.
The Arlon SFT product is lined with 0.001″ thick x 1.1875″ wide polyester liner and has electrical and mechanical properties that exceed most industry standards.
- 0.012″ thick x 1.0″ wide x 10 yards long
- A low cost alternative to industry leading, silicone, self fusing tapes
- Resists moisture, oxygen, corona, and ozone exposure to assure continuous high insulation values
- Conforms smoothly when wrapped around complex forms. ROHS compliant
- Shelf Life is 5 years from the DOM when stored at 70° +/- 5°F and 50% RH
- Designed for continuous operation at 180°C
The typical properties table below can be used to compare Arlon SFT versus industry leaders like 3M™ Scotch® 70 tape*:
|Property||Arlon SFT||Test Method|
|Hardness (SAP)||50||ASTM D2240|
|Tensile Strength (psi)||1200||ASTM D412|
|Elongation (%)||612||ASTM D412|
|Dielectric Strength (VPM)||881||ASTM D149|
|Bond Strength (lbf/inch)||2.4||MIL-I-46852C / AA59163|
|Water Absorption (%wt)||0.38||MIL-I-46852C / AA59163|